Sunday, July 10, 2011

Venice, Italy

Venice is certainly a unique city with all its history and alternative methods of travel.  Today Stacey and I took the vaporetto or water taxi around Venice and down the Grand Canal.  Quite easy once you do it a few times.  We were told the best way to see Venice is to get lost and we made a good crack at that going up and over lots of bridges and down streets that did not go anywhere.  We found a few shops that sold Murano glass.  We bought a pig (guess who wanted that one?), Christmas tree with ornaments, and a santa driving a gondola.  I am sure we will remember this day every Christmas now.  After we made our purchases Stacey had her coffee gellato and then we saw the Rialto Bridge.  Next was St. Mark’s Square and Doge’s Palace.  Seen it once and it was good enough for us so we found an outdoor restaurant and had a pizza and raviloi with white wine.  After we were filled to the gills we took the vaporetto back to the boat.  When I got back to the boat I was pleasantly surprised to receive gifts from Cameron and Mason.  They think I am #1 and that is all the matters to me.  I can’t wait to go to Murano tomorrow and hope to see the blown glass being made.














No comments: