Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Naples and Pompeii

Today I went out alone since Stacey was still feeling the effects of yesterday’s wine tasting.  I decided to walk to the local train station and take the train to see the ruins of Pompeii.  Pompeii was a properous city of 20,000 residents until Mt. Vesuvius errupted and buried the town in 79 A. D.  It was rediscovered in the mid 18th century and now people tour the area every day.  I spent a couple hours exploring all the roads, old houses, kitchens, stadiums, etc.  I was a little disappointed I didn’t see more people, but I may have missed it with the site being so big.  I am glad I saw Pompeii, but not sure it I would go back.  I think once is enough.
To get back to the ship I took the train and walked back through the streets filled with trash and dodging cars and scooters.  The city has a trash problem and it is hard to avoid not noticing that.  Tomorrow is a sea day so we can all rest. Yeah!




Looks like the first Lego mold





Modern Kitchen





No comments: