Saturday, July 9, 2011

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Dubrovnik is a beautiful city and looks amazing.  Quite remarkable since it has been only around 20 years since their civil war.  When rebuilding the city all the new roofs were made the color orange (the country's color) and by the pictures you can see the devestation the war must have had.
Stacey and I took a gondola ride up to the top of Srdj Hill and what a site this was.  I could have spent the entire day there.  The beautiful water, roof tops, and the Old Town which is where the city is enclosed in a wall.  After taking in the views we went into the old city and Stacey had a beer.  We walked around and also learned that Croatia was where neckties were made so I tried to look for one to buy, but he one I wanted only came in a tall man’s size so I came up empty on that one.  We exited Old Town at Pile Gate, which is the main entrance.  This was our best stop yet.  What will Venice be like tomorrow?














No comments: