Monday, December 27, 2010

KZ School #30

We were invited to a Christmas skit at a local school #30. It was performed in English by boys and girls ages 13 - 16. It was quick, but very entertaining. First the girls were busy setting the table and preparing the food. The girls then told the boys to come eat. The boys were just sitting down watching television and not helping at all. I had to laugh because if that is how they were told we acted, then we have problems. Next Santa came in bearing gifts for the stockings. They asked us to join in and sit at the table that they had prepared for us. Cameron and Mason were so shy I went and did it myself, but then they came later. Santa gave them a BIG box of candy and both of them held on to it like it was the only toy in the world. After Santa left they wanted us to dance to "Jingle Bells". I don't know that dance (is there one?), but I improvised and still had fun. Finally three girls stood up and sang a song about New Years. The teacher asked me to give a toast and I did. A simple “health and happiness” to all in the New Year and I was done.
After the skit we sat and ate the food they had prepared (chicken, cake, bread, and cookies). The food was fine and I started to ask questions of the students, but they were shy. Shy until it was time to take pictures. I think they thought we were celebrities, because every student wanted a picture with us. I embraced the experience and actually enjoyed it. It might be the closest I get to stardom. We thanked the students and wished them a Merry Christmas.






No comments: