Friday, January 8, 2010

Thanksgiving in 24 hours


This year we were told with 24 hours notice that we would not be having our annual Thanksgiving Dinner with the entire community due to the many illnesses and fear of a H1N1 breakout. I was looking forward to good food without the hassle of cooking it all by myself, but then I got a crazy idea and thought I could do it all by myself within 24 hours.

Luckily they had an 18 lb turkey I could buy for $100. (that is what they cost here) For the next 24 hours I prepared an entire Thanksgiving Dinner for 10 people by myself (Stacey helping of course). Wait; let me say that again, an entire Thanksgiving Dinner by myself in 24 hours. What was I thinking? I barely pulled it off and told myself never again, but I remember telling myself that last time too. Maybe I could get an invite to someone's Thanksgiving Dinner next year.

No comments: