Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Size Comparisons


We all know that things are bigger in Texas. I was able to compare a box of Cheerios from the US and Kazakhstan. Funny thing is the one from Kazakhstan costs more. When you go the grocery store here people look at you funny if you fill up your basket. Locals buy things just for the day. We tend to buy things for the unforeseen future.

I had an experience once at the store that I guess this old lady was tired of me checking out and she just wanted to move my basket out of the way so she just pushes it. Strange, but personal place here is much closer than back home. Also while checking out I will still be putting my groceries on the belt and the next person in line will just start putting their items on the belt too. You get used to it, but it takes time.

No comments: