Friday, July 27, 2012

Pro Football Hall of Fame

I know I was excited to see the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, OH, but I was not sure about the boys. They pretty much would go anywhere and do anything for a little while as long as they were moving.

It was interesting to learn the history of the game and that football was started in Pennsylvania. The first players would not even admit they got paid for playing. A long way from today's greedy stars. The evolution of the pad and helmets was eye opening. The first players were use to hardly any pads or helmets and now we have full pads and highly designed helmets that I wonder if you could do a survey of injuries then and now if there would be much of a difference. Anyway we had a great time and I really enjoyed seeing my childhood favorite, Dan Marino. He set many records back in his day and a classy guy too. I don't think we will see an Offners is the hall, but at least we can visit.








No comments: