Friday, December 16, 2011

The Move to the USA

What a stressful thing moving.  I was just glad that time did not stop and eventually we would be in our new home of Pittsburgh.

True to the Kazakh service I had to lug all 12 bags each step of the way from weighing the bags to scanning the bags.  This is in the CIP (or VIP) area which you just pay money to be in an area away from other people.  By the end I was spent and we had just begun.  All the work we did for Pepe' worked and I think I could get any dog on an in cabin flight knowing that they don't look at documentation very closely.  It was off to first class on the first of three legs to our new home.  Having the extra room and attention in first class is nice and even nicer when the company is paying for it.  Pepe had extra room and the boys were eating the entertainment up.  We had a quick transfer in Amsterdam and that went well.  Then when we got to JFK we found a place for Pepe' to use the bathroom.  Then we had to wait for about 5 hours.  We were all very tired and the Delta lounge helped, but then a quick flight and we were at our new home.

The next day we closed on our house and moved in.  No furniture so air mattress filled in and I understand why people buy furniture.  Next up washer/dryer, then car, then mattress.  I hope our stuff gets here soon.





No comments: