Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Not Your Typical Field Trip

Living here has its challenges and it also brings great opportunities. Cameron thrives in these situations. He is eager to try everything and that is one of the many things I love about him. I sometime look back and think, "What if I tried everything the way he does?"

Cameron's class got a chance to go see a real Camel Farm and it surely did not disappoint. I even wanted to go, but space was limited so Cameron filled me in on the details. He was the first in line for the camel ride out in the steppe. He was also the only one to go twice and that does not surprise me. The class also was able to see the camel get sheared. A surprise for the class was that they were able to see the baby camel. The owner said at first that children were not allowed to see the baby because it would make it upset, but I guess changed his mind.

What a great adventure to take a camel ride on a camel farm out in the steppe in Kazakhstan. You won’t find this experience in any zoo.




No comments: