Friday, February 11, 2011

Pirates

We went to the Houston Science Museum to see the Pirates. It was close up look at how the pirates lived and even the most found treasure ever discovered. I learned two things that stuck and they were that the youngest pirate was named John King and he was only 8 years old. Imagine Cameron as a pirate. The second thing I learned was that the term "buried treasure" is not correct. Pirates did not search for buried treasure. They only stole others. There was one pirate who buried his treasure only to dig it up several hours later.  They would not allow pictures inside the Pirate Exhibit so that is why I don't have any.

The boys enjoyed the exhibit, searching for bones, and seeing the other animals on display. Cameron bought some fake pirate coins and later asks me what I thought he could buy with it. I think he thought he was getting a good deal since he bought the coins with his own money, but I had to let him know that they would not buy anything.





No comments: