Monday, January 5, 2009

Hat Shopping


I went to one of the larger open markets with some friends to go hat shopping. There are many vendors outside that sell anything from pots and pans to clothes. It was snowing a bit that day so the vendors would take a small duster type item to knock the snow off the shoes. The hat section was outside in the very back with no cover. The hat my friend bought is the one I was wearing. I was the same size as her father so I got to try on all types of hats. The funny thing was that the vendor would knock off the snow, then place the hat on your head, and then carefully move your ears back so that the hat would sit better on your head. The personal service here is almost nonexistent so I was taken back by the hat shopping experience. The hat was made of "norka". It is very soft and comfortable and costs around $170. Do you think I would stick out in the US with that hat?

No comments: