Thursday, November 6, 2008

Clinic




With the weather changing people are going to get sick. We have not escaped the common cold and all have been sick at one point or another. I had a cold, but I guess it did not go away quietly because it caused me to get a middle ear infection. Worst of all is that it caused by ear drum to burst. I stayed up all night because of the pain. I went to the clinic without an appointment, but the doctor (from South Africa) was able to see me after he attended to an emergency. The emergency was that a Frenchman was traveling thru Atyrau the night before on his motorcycle and hit a camel. Not unusual for around here. I asked the doctor if he was injured and he said that he may have broken his legs. After a week the doctor wanted to look at my ear and I followed up on the Frenchman. The doctor just causally told me the he won't be walking out with both legs. Needless to say my ear drum busting was not that big a deal compared to this guy. Now if only I could get my hearing back. I like to show you pictures with my blog, but the only good picture of the clinic is the sign. Except for the other picture, this is a building just across the street from the clinic.

No comments: